Lead Age Group Skills Centre Coach (U8,U9)
Title: Lead Age Group Skills Centre Coach – Reports to respective Technical lead
Key Contacts Internal: Technical Leads, Coaches, Assistant coaches, Players and Parents
External: Soccer Nova Scotia and Nova Scotia Soccer League
Location: Halifax, NS
Hours: Minimum 3-5 hours per week, Majority on field with session preparation and communication with supporting coaches. Mostly evening and weekends.
Stipend/compensation is based on the size of the group and qualifications held. To be discussed during the application process. Club to aid in development of coaches through educational courses and licenses.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
· Prepare and design sessions for selected age group
· Manage and coach selected age groups sessions
· Support and motivate assisting/group coaches
· Demonstrate Club Values and help implement club philosophy and curriculum
· Lead communication between all coaches involved in selected age group
· Effectively communicate with parents
· Group teams based on Skills Centre requirements
· Aid and participate in providing player feedback
· Communicate with Technical lead
- CSA Stage 2 Fundamentals U7-U9 (or willing to take)
- Making Ethical Decisions
- Respect in Sport Training
- Up-to-date Criminal Record Check
- Experience coaching youth players (U7-U9)
- CSA C License
- CSA Children’s License
Preference will be given to coaches who exhibit and demonstrate similar Club values in combination with level of qualifications. Experience in similar roles is an asset but not required. Organizational and communication skills are required.
Please send you coach application or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the age group(s) you wish to apply for. Include your sport/soccer background, experience and qualifications in your application.